As is the destiny of this blog it has taken me about 9 months before I have been able to get the project to the next level. The last two weeks I have been off from work and thus I took out the diorama and gave the plates their final layers of paint. The paint used are two colours of Valejo textured paint. I started out with Brown Earth and dry-brushed it with Desert Sand.
Now I just have a few spots to touch up and than I will have to decide whether I want to put on a layer of gloss varnish to help protect the surface.
Well without further ado, here are the pictures.
An overview of the entire table:
A look from the Allied left flank upon the French position:
A look from the French position (upon the hill) down to the Allied position:
The upper half of this picture shows the position of the British Artillery, upon the heights and in the lower left corner there will be a clash of French and Portuguese cavalry.